Monday, September 7, 2009

Welcome to Autumn!

The summer is now unofficially over, and even though the calendar says that Autumn doesn’t start until the 22nd…we all know that it begins tomorrow. My Labor Day was a mix of spending time with a couple of good friends, having some wonderful food and wine, and watching the Phillies play, what wound up to be, a terrible game. Somewhere in Houston, Chris Coste is laughing his Astros off! I still don’t understand why managers care about pitch counts. Jamie Moyer was pitching great, hadn’t thrown in a game since the Jewish year 5765 (or so it seemed), and still Charlie takes him out. Help me understand that!

I’m ready for Anthony Bourdain to take me to the Outer Boroughs of New York City at 10:00 tonight. He has the OTHER job I really want! Why he hasn’t been to Philly yet, I just don’t get. I’ll watch the show, maybe have some more wine, a bit of cheese, light a candle, and monk out. Tomorrow…Fall begins and while the coolness has already begun to permeate the air, it won’t be long before our tee-shirts will be sweaters, and kids will be ringing doorbells for Halloween treats. There’s something refreshing about the change of seasons. It renews the soul and keeps the cycle intact.


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment