Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Bad Case of Gas

I'm confused...I'll admit it.
Like completely. How could so many drivers disappear?
Rememeber a few months back when the price of gasoline was over $4.00 a gallon?
Well, what was one of the major reasons (or at least that's what we were told) for that affront on our wallets?
Hmm, if I recall correctly (which I do), it was those newly emboldened Chinese and Indian (as in India) consumers who were now gobbling up gasoline, and other petroleum derivatives for their vehicles, production facilities, and consumer goods.
Hey, so what happened!? Did they stop driving, producing, and buying? Ehhh...somethin' stinks and I don't think it's coming from the refinery.
I recently posed this question to some of my students and received some interesting responses.
So I ask you...anyone have dinner with a hedge fund manager lately!!? Or seen less congested streets in Beijing or Mumbai? And...you really don't think we've seen the last major price increase, do ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment