Sunday, April 12, 2009

A song for the world

As many of you know, I like to play music when my students enter the classroom. Sort of a readying for "pomp and circumstance" as they march towards their degree.

There is one caveat...the music must have relevance to the course. Sometimes the songs are brought in by me, and sometimes they're given to me by the students.

Last week Kirsten Furchner sent me and e-mail with a link to a fantastic video of the classic song "Stand By Me." It wasn't just the singing, words, and instruments that I loved...it was the way the musicians performed.

We always talk about global cooperation and this video proves that when we put our minds to work we can do wonderful things on a global scale.

Now...if we could only get politicians to do that. Hmm, maybe we should force them to watch the video and see how "regular folks" do it.

If you wanna watch and hear something great - cut and paste the link below into your browser. Do it and you'll be in for a treat!

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2539741

Enjoy!!


Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

  1. This video is very touching and should be watched on a regular basis. We should never forget that helping people is much more important than making MONEY because when somebody is giving your eulogy would you rather have them say "Joe Brown made a boatload of money", or "Joe Brown was a great person who used his influence to better his community." The world would be a better place if somebody was always there to stand by you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dan,

    I have to agree with your post. Every time I hear this song I get chills (but good chills). I was really touched after watching this video in class and I think that everyone should take a few minutes out of their day to view it as well. It was absolutely amazing how everyone in the video was in "perfect harmony."

    Thanks and take care,
    Kimmy K. (business, society, & ethics)

    ReplyDelete