Sunday, February 15, 2009

A dozen people to sit with at dinner

If you could sit and have dinner with any twelve people throughout history and discuss life, their thoughts, understand why they did what they did, their views of then and now, and any other questions or comments that come into your mind, who would those dozen people be?

Yes...they can also be alive now, or be long gone from this earth.

I've often thought about who I would choose. I even expanded my guest list to twelve from its original ten, but refuse to make it any larger.

I'd include people for their insight, foresight, wisdom, intellect, to tell me what really happened during their lives (or the part that historians explore), and what they think (or thought) of past events and how they view the world today.

It's tough to pick only twelve and I know that it can change from time-to-time but -
here's my list for now:

My Dad
Albert Einstein
Benjamin Franklin
Jackie Robinson
Cleopatra
Moses
Jesus
Mohammed
Buddha
Ghandi
Helen Keller
George Carlin

I'd love to hear who your picks would be, questions about why and/or how I decided on the people on my list, or any other thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. Helen Keller would be quite boring at the dinner table seeing (no pun intended) that she cant give any feedback.

    Id probably drop the religious people and add:

    Hitler
    Jim Morrison
    Sigmund Freud
    Dave Chappelle

    Thats all i can think of at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would pick these certain individuals for their comedic relief, vast insight into the past, interesting views into the future, intellect, athleticism, knowledge, musical talents and opinions, and for what their thoughts are on how the world has changed, for better or worse.

    1- Conan O'Brien
    2- Chris Farley
    3- George Carlin
    4- Christopher Walken
    5- Nostradamus
    6- Barack Obama
    7- Richie Ashburn
    8- Reggie White
    9- Allen Iverson
    10- George Washington
    11- John Lennon
    12- Bob Marley

    ReplyDelete
  3. After thinking about this for a couple days..this is my list of 12 that I came up with. Although most of them are sports figures, its the best i can do..in no real order...


    1. God
    2. Babe Ruth
    3. Roy Williams
    4. Stephen Curry
    5. Demetri Martin
    6. Jason Mraz
    7. Michael Jordan
    8. David Blaine
    9. JFK
    10. Conan O'Brien
    11. Danny Kaye
    12. Justin Timberlake

    i dont think i could take a full conversation with everyone in a row...my stomach would hurt way too much from laughing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of these I'd have direct questions for, others I'd hope would keep the conversation exciting.

    1. The inventor of the first alphabet
    2. Alexander the Great
    3. Confucius
    4. Socrates
    5. Copernicus
    6. Isaac Newton
    7. Jane Goodall
    8. Anybody that was working at Area 51 when the UFO crashed
    9. Karl Marx
    10. Carl Reiner
    11. Jimmy Carter
    12. Walter Cronkite

    ReplyDelete